Re: [pygame] SDL

 Pete Shinners <shredwheat@attbi.com> wrote:

black wrote:
> Since pygame is much relative with SDL so does it mean we could use
> everthing in SDL by pygame and Python ? or only part of it are available
> to Python ?

SDL is written in C. To use C libraries in python you need some sort of
"wrapper" or "interface". You can only call functions that the wrapper
supports. In the case of SDL and pygame, I believe I've got just about
every function covered. (well there is some stuff with SDL_Overlay that
pygame doesn't support).

There are also many extra libraries for SDL written in C. Pygame supports a
few of the main ones (like SDL_mixer, SDL_ttf, and SDL_image). But that
does not mean you will be able to use any SDL library with pygame.

thanx Pete, and could SDL in 100% usage if we plays C or C++ ? that is, could we invoke all of its functions and variables with C or C++ ?

Regards~

Do you Yahoo!?
faith.yahoo.com