[pygame] Robustness of OSX support

Hi,

I'm currently investigating cross-platform solutions (need Windows and OS X) for developing a commercial, full-screen, 2D game. I would like to start on a demo ASAP. I've been playing around with pygame on Windows, but haven't tried it on Mac OSX yet. What I've read makes me think MacOSX support is lagging behind in some areas.

So, my questions are:

* Is pygame/OSX "ready" as a platform for commercially distributed games? (stability, speed, support of pygame API set, etc.) Are there OSX-specific issues to be aware of and what targets (OS versions, hardware) are supported?

* I'll need to integrate with a C++ engine/AI, so if I end up using cross-platform C++ game library, this part would be easy. How hard would it be to integrate this C++ code with Python code controlling the display, and how would I go about this? (in both Windows and Mac)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jeff

P.S. The game won't be graphics intensive (no collision detection or scrolling), but will have a CPU-hungry engine and background music, and will need the animation it does have to be smooth.