[pygame] Documenting overlays

I'm proofreading the documentation of pygame's Overlay object.

Since I don't know what an overlay is, I'm in a good position to see
whether it's easily understandable. And I'm afraid it's not.

Would anyone like to give a short explanation of overlays that can be
put into the docs?

--
   I had picked out the theme of the baby's room and done other
   things. I decided to let Jon have this.