Re: [pygame] updating the docs

On Oct 5, 2005, at 9:03 AM, Peter Shinners wrote:

On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 17:05 -0700, Bob Ippolito wrote:

reStructuredText (docutils) would be a much better target.. the
signal:noise is REALLY high, and you can export to just about
anything useful (including docbook) without having to write an
exporter yourself.

Rest is very cool for articles. I tried to use it awhile ago, but couldn't figure out how to apply it to reference. I just found this yesterday,

http://docutils.sourceforge.net/sandbox/edloper/docpy/asyncore.rst

It doesn't look too bad as far as markup goes. It wouldn't be hard to
convert. I am unable to convert this document to anything using the rest
tools. I guess I need some sort of stylesheet since I get these errors,

The example you found is for use with the docpy.py tool that it is sibling to (which only implements LaTeX output). The sandbox isn't a good place to look for finished stuff :)

I've gotten along just fine without using any custom processors, as in the docpy tool... but it's easy to write one if you want "macros".

-bob