Re: [pygame] Pitcher's Duel Batter Demo needs testers

On 09/10/05, David <dvkeeney@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The last release of the batter demo was in June of this year, and the feedback was that the pitches were unhittable.  That would not do. ;)

So after a couple months of trial and error (and a couple months of interstate relocating), here is a more hittable version of the batter demo.  Please download, try it, and let me know how it works for you.  I am interested in both simple good-enough/not-good-enough (to be fun) evaluations and also in suggestions as to how to make it better.  We want an interface that is both easy enough to be satisfying for the first session, but skill-centered enough that time spent practicing yields improvements in ability.

The figures (batter and pitcher) are graphically primitive, just cylinders and spheres glommed together in a likeness of a baseball player.  I am looking for an artist, so for now dont be too harsh about the artistic impression.

The sourceforge site has both a py2exe version for Windows, and a source version for other platforms.  The source versions will need OpenGL and numarray installed, as well as Pygame.

Well here's a wacky idea, how about you put the sounds in with the source distro as well so we don't have to download the Winblows version just to get them.