Re: [pygame] Pygame on OS X 10.4 Tiger

one final question:

how do you change the PATH?

If you're using "bash" as your shell, you can set your path in
~/.bash_profile;  If you're using tcsh, you set it in .cshrc

This looks like a good explanation:

Thanks Jack.

I tried to do this in my bash Terminal:

PATH=$PATH\: /usr/local/bin/python; export PATH

Which opens up Python as command line in the Terminal, but then when I
quit python and open it again, it is back to 2.3.5.

I haven't got any .bash_profile file, but I've got a file called .bashrc.

This is what's in that file:

PATH=$PATH:/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/bin:
PATH=$PATH:/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/bin:/usr/local/bin:
alias scons="/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/bin/scons"

Should I add something to it? the /usr/local/bin is already there.

Did I hear someone say at some point that Python was a good language for beginners?

: )