Re: [pygame] Memory consumation on graphics

for software rendering without run-length encoding it will be:
width x height x bytes per pixel
plus some small overhead. I never found a way to ask SDL/pygame what
the size is, so In my games I keep a total of that calculation above
in the image manager stuff.

The size on disk can vary greatly depending on compression settings
(for lossy like jpg in particular) and the nature of the image (for
lossless like .png in particular) so I wouldn't try to use disk size
at all for estimating run-time mem usage.