Re: [pygame] Best way to darken an area

On 21 Oct 2006 at 14:15, Farai Aschwanden wrote:

> Hello all
>
> Anyone of you is experienced in darkening an area from daytime to
> nighttime?
>
> - Alpha filter?
> - Setting image pixels to darker value?
> - ???
>
> I couldn't find anything affecting contrast in Pygame that would help
> either.
>
> Any ideas are welcome.

To fade an image to black repeatedly alpha blit it with an all-black
image having a small alpha value like 1. In fact - I have only just
tried it - this should work as general way to fade from one image
to another. So you can fade from a daytime to a nighttime image.

Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>