Re: [pygame] Some problem with WinXP Home and PyGame 1.7.1

> Possible hint here: http://www.pygame.org/docs/tut/newbieguide.html
>
> Eespecially point #7. Unless you really *need* hardware double-buffered
> surfaces and I haven't followed your discussion properly :)

What I really need is more FPS. The fact is that on my GNU/Linux development
box (an old Celeron 800 MHz, 256 MB RAM) I get 50-60 FPS (and that's
enough). On my testing machine (Celeron 2.4 GHz, 512 MB RAM, working under
GNU/Linux) I get 200-300 FPS. But on the same (faster) machine, but working
under Windows, I get only 15-25 FPS. And that's not enough.

I have thrown this HWSURFACE and DOUBLEBUF away. I'm updating all the
modified rects on the screen (just the same way I'm doing it under
GNU/Linux), not the entire surface, and the result is still much worse.

Besides there's another problem. My app works in fullscreen mode. On my
GNU/Linux boxes I get the same refresh rate, as in my normal mode
(1280x1024) - 85Hz. But under Windows I work in 1280x1024 at 85Hz, but
after switching to fullscreen 800x600 I get only 56Hz. Why?

I don't get it. I always thought that Windows is the easier platform to
programm games, that everything works better and faster than under
GNU/Linux. And now I'm experiencing such a problems...