Re: [pygame] problems between linux and windows

Eric Hunter wrote:
i'm working on a game that i've been coding between my desktop(windows) and my lappy(ubuntu - feisty fawn). So far I haven't had any problems. but as lately, i did a lot of programming on my desktop(windows) and now it won't run on my linux laptop. I haven't really changed anything that I know of. I keep getting stupid errors like "from pygame.locals import * no module locals" or pygame.init() no module init.

any ideas? thanks.

-Eric
Two things come to mind: do you have different versions of pygame installed? Also, if you created a file called, e.g. Pygame.py then that could cause a difference as windows filenames are case sensitive and linux aren't. But it sounds more likely to me that you pygame installation got broken, rather than your code. If you just run python and type the import statements outside of your codebase, does that work?