Re: [pygame] Free chapter of my book

Ken Seehart wrote:
  Will McGugan wrote:
Horst JENS wrote:
I think that either the comment should say "in 10 frames"
or the randint statement should be randint(1,10).
correction:

or the ranint statement should be randint(1,20)

Ack! Well spotted. Never hard code values in to comments!

Will
A former employee where I work once said that it's better not to comment at all because all comments are fundamentally redundant and might become inconsistent with the code. He proceeded to remove all comments. Naturally, he was a perl programmer :-)

Ken

Well, inconsistent comments are the worst. But as a broad overall 'what this area is supposed to do' bit, they're handy. When I'm tired, and looking for a spot to update, I tend to skim the comments until I hit the right area. I've been fooled by bad comments myself, tho, it happens sometimes. Comments should never be too specific.

--Kamilche