Re: [pygame] image.load() -->> array?

    Of course it's pointless to draw nothing.  The framerates are still respectable when drawing stuff.  SDL drops to about 40 or 50, OpenGL to 60-120 depending on the render method.

    One's eyes "refresh" at about 12 fps, so anything faster than that looks fluid.  The amount of smoothness, of course, is dependent on the framerate of the screen.  12fps vs. 40fps is a big difference.  After about 60, most people can't tell any increase.  I don't care if I can't see it.  It is still cool to know that your computer is doing that.

Ian