[pygame] Re: pygame pause

There are two ways to do it. The simple way it so start a pygame loop that waits for the user to do something. This is easy, but it means all animations will be stopped. When the game pauses, call a function like this to wait for the user to press another key

def PauseUntilKeyboard():
   while 1:
      e = pygame.event.wait()
      if e.type in (pygame.QUIT, pygame.KEYDOWN):
         return

yanom @linuxmail.org wrote:
This probably seems like a dumb and obvious question, but I'm new to pygame, so...

How do I build a pause function into the game?