[pygame] Key Events don't work (go to terminal) - Mac OS 10.5

Dear All,

  I have a problem generating keyboard events. Other events (Mouse) are produced, but if I press any key it appears in the python terminal window and no pygame event is created (same for Terminal.app or xterm). This problem only shows up on one of the computers I'm working with:
It Does NOT work with: Mac OS X 10.5: installed python 2.5 (all things py installed with fink)
It DOES work with: Mac OS X 10.4: installed python 2.4 (all things py installed with fink)
It DOES work with: PC Ubuntu (Gutsy): installed newest python (I guess 2.5)
  Any Ideas?
  Thank You

  CG