Re: [pygame] Seeing if this works...

When you blit a sprite to the screen, it is not erased from where it
was previously blitted. You gotta do it manually, blitting the
background over everything then the sprite in its new position.

Alternatively, to avoid blitting the whole screen every loop, you can
only blit the part of the background which was covered by the sprite
in the previous frame, "patching" it. This technique is called dirty
rectangles. Actually, there is a module in pygame - which I never used
myself - for doing that:
http://www.pygame.org/docs/ref/sprite.html#pygame.sprite.DirtySprite