Re: [pygame] have i got right programs or am i missing something

Hi

thanks for the advice as i have said these are the programs i loaded, so to me they are the correct ones unless im so far off the mark but hey im a newbie in every sense of the word, i got them off the Pygame home page under downloads

------- python-3.2.3 and
------- pygame-1.9.2a0.win32-py3.2

and somehow i think i got it wrong and i gone and downloaded quite a few so think im now lost

now im somehow thinking i actually have not got the Pygame programme - so please help me from beginning to set up

now i can work out  a couple of things that i have probaly done wrong and identify the mistakes but im still chasing and biting my tail and its starting to become painfull - so i would like with assistance to start from scratch (only when it comes to the programmes needed to install) and then to move on from there

I tried to do samples of bouncing ball eg i did this one from tutorial
im using python 3.2
and it brings up the menu i go into IDLE (Python GUI)

import sys, pygame
pygame.init()
size = width, height = 320, 240
speed = [2, 2]
black = 0, 0, 0
screen = pygame.display.set_mode(size)
ball = pygame.image.load("ball.bmp")
ballrect = ball.get_rect()
while 1:
    for event in pygame.event.get():
        if event.type == pygame.QUIT: sys.exit()
    ballrect = ballrect.move(speed)
    if ballrect.left < 0 or ballrect.right > width:
        speed[0] = -speed[0]
    if ballrect.top < 0 or ballrect.bottom > height:
        speed[1] = -speed[1]
     screen.fill(black)
     screen.blit(ball, ballrect)
     pygame.display.flip()

RESULT??????

>>> import sys, pygame
    pygame.init()
    size = width, height = 320, 240
    speed = [2, 2]
    black = 0, 0, 0
    screen = pygame.display.set_mode(size)
    ball = pygame.image.load("ball.bmp")
    ballrect = ball.get_rect()
    while 1:
        for event in pygame.event.get():
            if event.type == pygame.QUIT: sys.exit()
        ballrect = ballrect.move(speed)
        if ballrect.left < 0 or ballrect.right > width:
            speed[0] = -speed[0]
        if ballrect.top < 0 or ballrect.bottom > height:
            speed[1] = -speed[1]
     screen.fill(black)
     screen.blit(ball, ballrect)
     pygame.display.flip()