[pygame] Thoughts about libretro?

Hi!

I was setting up a HTPC running Kodi (open source home media player / entertainment software) at home, and noticed that they have integrated a cross platform game api called libretro, which can run a lot of different emulators and other game type code, such as Chailove (a lua game framework).

Libretro is a library where you can write "cores" which can then be run in any frontend which implements the libretro api, and its supposed to be very cross platform.

It would probably not be an easy thing, but very cool if pygame with a small loader was available as a libretro "core" that could load pygame games!

I was wondering if anyone has thought about porting over python with pygame to libretro, or just anything python related to libretro?

Libretro: https://www.libretro.com/
Kodi's game add on: https://kodi.wiki/view/Game_add-ons

/Victor