Re: [pygame] Re: Starting the pygame 2 series

You fixed my blending bug before I could report it. Thank you. :)

On 10/23/2020 2:09 PM, Andrew Baker wrote:
Very nice work, René

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020, 12:49 René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

5 more sleeps (not including extra naps) until the 20th & 2.0 release day.

A few little releases in a busy few days.

python3 -m pip install pygame==2.0.0.dev22

https://github.com/pygame/pygame/releases/tag/2.0.0.dev22
https://github.com/pygame/pygame/releases/tag/2.0.0.dev20
https://github.com/pygame/pygame/releases/tag/2.0.0.dev18

Several very difficult to find and fix issues with alpha blending were fixed in this release.

The new alpha blitter has an SSE2 and arm NEON implementation, and keeps compatibility with pygame 1.

Also some progress on other issues, including these...

More compatible manylinux wheels (Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic and CPUs without SSE 4.2), some documentation improvements, and pygame.midi fixes.

Thanks to everyone.

ciao!
(for now)