From: owner-pygame-users@seul.org [mailto:owner-pygame-users@seul.org]On
Behalf Of Pete Shinners
Sent: September 4, 2001 01:39
To: pygame-users@seul.org
Subject: Re: [pygame] playing mp3s

> I just downloaded the windows pygame 1.2 executable, but when I
> played an mp3, it still sounded horrible.

i've still been able to find some mp3's that just don't work
well. there's not too much pygame can do here, since the decoding
is all handled by SMPEG and SDL_mixer.

first, try a couple different mp3s and see if any are working?
at this point just about all of them work for me. also, if it
sounds like the sampling is wrong (too slow or too fast) you
can initialize pygame.mixer to a different frequency (it
defaults to 22050)

>>> import pygame, pygame.mixer
>>> pygame.mixer.pre_init(41000)
>>> pygame.init()