Re: #2 Re: [pygame] python newbie question re. arrays of arrays

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 03:24:27PM +0100, Peter Goode wrote:
> As it turned out, the FPS dropped when I changed from dict to array of arrays
> (possibly 'cos only 10 or so key values but array 200 long... so
> overhead of testing array is big and similar to dict key lookup).
While working on YaSS I made the experience that if you want to optimize for
speed you should always benchmark some possible ways. Of course some ways of
writing code are obviously slower.. but in cases like this little experiments
are usually most rewarding.

--
Raiser, Frank aka CrashChaos
IRC: 141.30.225.9:6667 #United-Programmers

It's amazing how helpful Usenet denizens can be when your stated goal is
  to screw something up.     -- Rex Tincher <tinc@dnaco.net> in a.s.r.