[pygame] Distribution.py questions

Hi,
see http://www.pygame.org/docs/tut/Executable.html
Couple of questions re. distribution.py example, which I'm having a go
at for pyplace :

Firstly, the --icon option to distutils doesn't work, distutils says
    "error: option --icon pyplace.ico not recognized"
so I just miss that out ...
Anyone know how to make an .ico file anyway, I seem to remember from
years back that they were
just .bmp files with extension changed ?
Anyway I get the same error regardless of whether the icon file is there
or not, is it
possible that Python 2.1 has the wrong version of distutils included ?
Workaround: don't define an ico.

Secondly, the build doesn't work anyway, crashing out after a while with
:
"
removing 'build\bdist.win32\winexe\collect\main' (and everything under
it)
removing 'build\bdist.win32\winexe' (and everything under it)
copying: c:\python21\pygame\bluebold.ttf -> dist\pyplace\bluebold.ttf
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "distribution.py", line 56, in ?
    shutil.copyfile(src, dst)
  File "c:\python21\lib\shutil.py", line 29, in copyfile
    fdst = open(dst, 'wb')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'dist\\pyplace\\bluebold.ttf'
"

This is referenced directly in the distribution.py file :
Is it ok to just change to arial.ttf if that's what I'm using ? (is that
a free font by the way?)

Aha... no it isn't
I changed it to arial.ttf, which is what I think I'm using and it the
gives same error, but
with arial.ttf substituted.

Strangely though I then found bluebold.ttf in the /python21/pygame/font
So it is there and not missing...?

Confused ?