Re: [pygame] High Loading Time

> I have installed pygame on a AMD k6 166 with 32mb ram, running
> Redhat 7.1. When I load any of the examples (such as chimp) I
> find they take about five minutes to load. I had a look at my
> system with top and found it was not taking very much cpu time.
> The examples did not seem sluggish once they had loaded.
>
> Does anyone know why they take so long to load? Is it my
> hardware, my configuration or something else?

hmm, i'm wondering what part of the loading is taking so
long? try running the python interpreter, and see if any
of these commands take a long time...

>>> import pygame
>>> pygame.display.init()
>>> pygame.cdrom.init()
>>> pygame.joystick.init()
>>> import pygame.font
>>> pygame.font.init()
>>> import pygame.mixer
>>> pygame.mixer.init()
>>> import pygame.input

anyways, perhaps there is some sort of hardware situation
that is taking a long time for SDL to probe/initialize. by
initializing each pygame module separately, it should be
pretty easy to narrow down where this is happening.