Re: [pygame] 1.2 for OS X?

> those macos binaries are for macos9.x, not osx. in the perfect
> world, pygame would compile and install for macos just like it
> does on other unix systems..

Yeah, I noticed. Although I wasn't sure if they would work given the
"classic" mode on OSX... Suffice to say, I didn't try...

> recent testing has shown that isn't the case. to compile SDL
> programs for macos needs a bunch of special flags. we've
> managed to get that working, but there's still problems.
> distutils on osx cannot find the actual python shared library.

Out of curiosity, what python are you using on OSX? I seem to have
landed with MacPython, and it's clearly not really meant for OSX. I
assume the sensible option is to just compile from source?

> we should be able to get the macosx version all running, just
> as soon as we figure out how to make it cooperate with shared
> libraries :]

Great! I look forward to when these issues are solved. :)

Thanks