Re: [pygame] Debian Pygame packages for unstable broken

> I got the same problem with my pygame dying for no reason but after a bit
> of investigation it is actually a bug in the Debian libc6 libraries
> (version 2.2.4-2). See
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=libc6 and look at the
> large amount of bugs relating to konqueror/mozilla/galeon crashing on
> startup. The same problem is affecting pygame.
>
> I reverted my libc6 to 2.2.4-1 and pygame worked like a charm again. You
> can find that version in http://packages.debian.org/testing/base/libc6.html.
>
> hope this helps,
> mick

great find there micheal. this is in line with reports from other
users with a mixed stable/unstable setup, and installing pygame
from source is _not_ causing any problems.

it does sound like libc6 is causing the trouble. is anyone more
framiliar with this end of debian? how long does something like
this take to be resolved? do we file a bug, or just wait for
something new to arrive?

i'll leave it in the hands of the capable debian team :]