Re: [pygame] Draw primitives and RGBA

> there's two ways to do this. one is to simply set the RGB and A values
> sort of like we are doing now. actually, thinking about it, i believe
> you can already do this? (/me checks the code...) yes, it will already
> work like this, setting the straight alpha values just like RGB.

Ah, ok. I tried this on 1.3.4 before my recent upgrade and it didn't
seem to do anything. I'll play around some more with the new version.

> what you are probably wanting is to actually draw primitive
> transparantly onto the surface. the code is not really difficult, and
> optimized transparent drawing would be far faster than drawing to
> temporary surfaces and blitting.

This was what I was playing with. Seems to do what I wanted, although
I've not got time to finish atm.

> hmm, i suppose adding an "_alpha" version to the functions would be
> the best way to go (any ideas?) i'll put this on the pygame "todo"
> list, because it is a bit of a beast.

Ok, no problem as it's not a serious requirement,just lazyness! ;)

>  another request has been to be able to big lists of primitives using
> a single call. that one is even messier, as there are a couple ways to
> store big lists of primitives.

Actually, that would be *cool*. But then I'd want delays in blitting as
part of the list and, and... ;P

Cheers