Re: [pygame] pygame 1.5.3

> On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Pete Shinners wrote:
>
> >in the fastest release cycle ever, pygame-1.5.3 is now apon us.
> >this is just another patch release like the last one, nothing major.
> >the biggest fix is in the rect handling code. a bug was letting sneaky
> >exceptions to sneak through.
>
> Anyone know anything about the Debian package? Are they usually built by
> the Debian maintainer after new releases of Pygame? I don't want to bother
> the maintainer for small stuff, he/she has more important things to do.
>
> I see that the tar.gz doesn't have the normal debian/ dir, so I can't
> provide own Debian packages of 1.5.3 without some major RTFM. That could
> possibly be a good idea, i.e. to get the contents of the debian/ dir and
> add to pygame CVS, so that new deb:s could be built by anybody.
>
> Comments?

pygame 1.5.3 is already in incoming. I generally build them as releases come
out, but I've missed the last two point releases (1.5.[12]) due to "matters
beyond my control" :)

Also, submitting wishlist-severity bugs about new versions is definitely
fine with me, although I am always working on it as fast as I can.

(Also note that as of pygame 1.5, the pygame packages are called
python2.[12]-pygame, in accordance with convention.)

-Ed (Debian Pygame maintainer)