Re: [pygame] pygame.mixer.init()

azazel wrote:
> Using pygame with my Debian woody 3.0, when I try to initialize all the modules
> with pygame.init() I obtain an "Illegal istruction", so I've tried to load every
> module manually and I've noticed that this problem appear when I call
> pygame.mixer.init(). Can it be a library conflict? Why?

hmm, well since you are using woody i assume you didn't compile anything
yourself. i assume there is something failing with whatever audio driver
you are using? are you using something like arts or alsa?

what about other programs that use SDL_mixer? try running the programs
"playwave" and "playmus" to see if they work.

you could also try calling pygame.mixer.init() with a different frequency.
try passing somethinglike "pygame.mixer.init(44800, 16, 1)", for stereo
16bit sound at 44.8khz.

in any event, these problems shouldn't crash pygame. i'm expecting the
crash is happening inside SDL_mixer somewhere. but if pygame is breaking on
some bad return values from SDL_mixer, i want to know about it!