Re: [pygame] questions on pygame.mixer and pygame.mixer.music modules

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 23:06 -0700, Srinath Avadhanula wrote:
> Also, you mention that the SDL library supports doubling and halving
> the frequency... I am very new to SDL. Could you tell me how to do
> this via pygame?

The sample rates are converted when the Sound objects are loaded. If you
initialize pygame.mixer to 44000hz and load a 22000hz .wav file, the
samples will be doubled so it plays at the right speed. If you load a
41000hz sound it can't really be played correctly, so it will be a
little fast.