[pygame] Big Tile Maps

Hello Chaps.

I'm attempting to create a data structure for efficiently storing
large tilemaps, and objects within the map. The map is a 2d overhead
view of a terrain, which is scrolled when the mouse cursor is near the
edge of the game window.

I've tried using a quadtree, but this is not very efficient when
working with moving objects, which move from tile to tile.

I've also experiemented with a grid type system, and a moving window
into the grid.

I'm not satisifed with any of my solutions, and am wondering what
other people use for this sort of thing.

Has anyone got some pointers, or some code I can look at?

Sw.