[pygame] Re: Please explain what I've done wrong.

Crikey, quite a few responses!

Just a "thanks" to those that have helped, I really appreciate it.

I've been playing about with Python (and a bit of Pygame) the last few months, VERY VERY impressed with it all and without it sounding a cliché, I'm beginning to wonder why I haven't used it for my programming before now (I've been a professional programmer for 20+ years).

It does make sense what you've said about how Python 'destroys' things in a no-particular order, so I've took on board what's been said, changed the code and it all works fine.

I've taken down the proper Python newsgroup and have subscribed to that, so hopefully there won't be any discussions started that are outside of this newsgroup, again, my apologies over that.

Anyway, Sunday afternoon here in the UK (wet as always!) so I'm gonna get off and play with some sprites.

Thanks again for the help...