RE: [pygame] Binary distribution woes

Regarding that... If I develop on a windows box, is there any way for me to
build a OSX application bundle on my machine? I kind of figure I could
possibly use Cygwin to make use of Freeze, but I also worry about
distributing a binary for *nix systems that may use a different endian
system or blah blah blah.

On the py2exe site wiki, they have a bunch of recipes for "installing" icons
for windows executables (which seem like a bit of a hack by simulating a
manifest file), and that's the biggest issue with building windows apps. OSX
applications have a more approachable manifest type deal which uses XML.
Having never made an OSX distributable, I can't say for certain how complex
it was, but from Apple's API, it doesn't seem too bad.

> Using py2exe is similar to py2app... and for unix you'd probably use
cx_Freeze.

> You will likely not be able to reasonably get single file executables
> out of any of them. On Mac OS X it will be a single application
> bundle, which appears as a single file from the Finder, but it's
> technically a directory.
>
> -bob

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: This email including any attachments, contains
confidential information belonging to the sender. It may also be
privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other
legal rules. This information is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended
distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents
of this emailed information is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this email in error, please immediately notify us by
reply email of the error and then delete this email immediately.