Re: [pygame] IronPython and SDL example

On Friday 22 September 2006 00:46, David_Hudson@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> You may want to check out SDL.NET (http://cs-sdl.sourceforge.net) for an
> Object-Oriented version of the Tao.Sdl API. SDL.NET is built on Tao.Sdl and
> makes working with Surfaces, Sounds and other apects of SDL much easier.
> Pygame heavily influenced the SDL.NET design so you should see some
> similarites between the two. Note that since I wrote and currently maintain
> both Tao.Sdl and SDL.NET you can pass any bugs, patch etc to me. I am happy
> to see Tao.Sdl working with IronPython.

I'll check that out. Right now I'm trying a quick and brutal go at porting
pygame-ctypes across to run on top of Tao.Sdl instead of SDL-ctypes. It seems
like it's close, just slamming my head against some small incompatibilities.
Assuming it can be made to work, this seems like a pretty quick way to get the
job done.

(I'm not bothering with the array modules, as I don't think there's a
numeric-compatible array module for IronPython. Also - I don't need these
right now, and so don't care :-)

--
Anthony Baxter     <anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>