[pygame] PyGame surface in a PyGTK app?

Hi everyone,

I've been fooling around with the idea of displaying a pyGame "screen"
in a PyGTK window as a way to make a simple tile editor.

So far I have not had much luck, the closest I've gotten is this
sample code here: http://sparcs.kaist.ac.kr/~tinuviel/devel/gtksdl.py

Does anyone know if this is the right approach?  Or if there is a
better way?  Or if it's even possible?

I've been playing around with the code and I can get it to "sort of"
work, but I don't want to pour hours into this if it's basically a
non-starter.

Hopefully someone has some ideas regarding this.

Thanks in advance!

mark.