Re: [pygame] Will there be a doc rewrite anytime soon?

Hi,

The plan is to get together a bunch of well written games and keep the
source for them on the pygame website to search and link to.

Then to do a search for each function, method, module etc within those
files - and show a list of links to each example where the function is
used.  When we link we will pass the search term, so it knows which
function to highlight.

This is what the pyopengl does to great effect with its manual.
Pyopengl keeps a very large section of examples and demos in its
subversion repository.

Another option is to use google code search.  Since I think this would
have more code indexed, and better search tools.

So the links to examples will be put in much like the doc comments are
done now.  You will need to press a button to make them visible, so
the manual is not cluttered with examples - but the examples are
visible if you click a button.

We could also do a search within the pygame cookbook, which is slowly
gaining more examples.

In some ways this won't be as good as purposely written examples for
every single feature/function.  However it will be better in a way,
since there will be more examples to look at and learn from.