Re: [pygame] 3D SHMUP

Hm... Can't find a Mac version for any of these, but thanks anyway. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Brian Fisher wrote:
As far as a 3d game goes, the Rayforge demo looks to be educational
about raycasting, rather than an efficient or easy way to make a game.
As far as a first place to start goes...

...If you were going to make a 3d game in pygame, you would have to
set up an animation system, model loading, a 3d camera system, 3d
collisions, a 3d rendering engine and possibly a 3d sound system, and
pygame wouldn't help you in a meaningful way with a single one of
them. Those are all completely non-trivial and that's not including
any of your actual game making (like say getting a bullet to appear)

So you may be much happier with Soya3d, PyOgre or Panda3D, all of
which are systems which help you with most if not all of the items
listed above.

Basically what I'm saying is if you are not super into the idea of
spending a very long time writing game engine components (as opposed
to actually writing games) you would be better servered using an
existing  3d game engine instead of trying to base one off of pygame