Re: [pygame] ideas for saving points in games

On Tue, September 25, 2007 12:05 am, Aaron Maupin wrote:
> I used a dictionary as a container for saved game values and pickled the
> dictionary.  Maybe not the best way but it worked like a charm.

I find that in at least some cases, pickling is hideously inefficient,
taking on the order of 10 times as much space as a different format.

If you want to store a dictionary, a quick way to do that is to use text,
writing a key:value pair to each line and ignoring lines that start with
"#".

lines = text.split("\n")
key, value = line.split(":")
key = key.rstrip()