Re: [pygame] problem - playing a movie in pygame

On Sep 3, 2008, at 12:02 PM, Pedro Vieira wrote:

Hi.

I'm wanting to play a movie when I start my game, but I'm having a problem at playing a video in pygame. I already used pygame.movie and pymedia to do that, but they didn't work.

The pygame.movie only supports MPEG1 encode, and the video is being displayed with low quality.

Using pymedia the problem is when I use the player.py module. The video and audio aren't in sync. I tried to limit the FPS for that the images don't be displayed too quickly, but I didn't find how to do this in pymedia.

Anybody knows how to solve this problem? Is there any another libary to play a movie in python?

pyglet is a possible alternative if you can't get pygame to do what you want.

-Casey