Re: [pygame] shadow demo

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 5:52 PM, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
cool!  It's so good that you fixed it in 5 minutes.  Must have been
processing in the back of your head :)  I love it when that happens.
I both love it and hate it.  Love--because I don't have to do much, and hate, because the error is invariably stupid on my part.
Have you done rendering to texture for increased shadow map
resolution?  That would really give it a nice quality boost.
That's what shadow mapping does.  Unfortunately, there is a strange limitation which causes artifacts if the textures_resolution > min([screenwidth, screenheight]).  I'll ask GameDev.net soon I hope.
ps.  if you wanted to include references/credits for shadows, the code
I posted last has a list of urls at the top, including a link to the
original article some of the code came from.
OK.  I probably owe credit to about 500 people on shadows by now...
Ian