[pygame] pygame parachute and inconsistent interned sting state - but only on Slackware 13.0 32 bit

Any thoughts on how to resolve this one:

Application I am producing, works fine on Slackware 12.2 (32 bit), Slackware
13.0 (64 bit) but when running on Slackware 13.0 32 bit I get the following,
depending on what parts of the application I call:

more pygame_error*   (2 files with errors in)
::::::::::::::
pygame_error1
::::::::::::::
Fatal Python error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation Fault
::::::::::::::
pygame_error2
::::::::::::::
Fatal Python error: Inconsistent interned string state.

Note, I am building the application using setuptools, so I can call bits
different ways.

Python is version 2.6.2 and pygame is pygame-1.9.1release.

Note, firstly setuptools automagically installed pygame, but when I had
problems I downloaded it and built it to see if that made a difference.

Pete

--
Peter Chant
http://www.petezilla.co.uk