Re: [pygame] Strange Error

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Ian Mallett <geometrian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on a certain computer.  I ran one of my programs on it, and it
> ran perfectly.  Then, I ran it today, and I got an error.  I simplified the
> error to this shell example:

> (5, 1)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<pyshell#2>", line 1, in <module>
>     pygame.display.set_mode((100,100))
> error: No available video device
>>>>

> Any idea what's going on?
>
> Thanks,
> Ian

Weird.  Is it an XP machine?  If so, I'd suggest running different
windb or directx video drivers to see if one of the other works.
Could be a directx bug (or windb).

What is pyshell?

I'm assuming display is the one that failed... but maybe it's not...
and it's decided it doesn't like that mode?

>>> pygame.display.init()
>>> pygame.display.list_modes()

cheers,