[pygame] Faster OBJ loader

Hi, I'm looking into modifying the well-known objloader.py on the pygame wiki:

http://www.pygame.org/wiki/OBJFileLoader

I would modify it to use vertex arrays. I think this could improve efficiency of loading and rendering the models, based on some tests I did a few months ago on the pyweek message board:

http://www.pyweek.org/d/3066/

I wanted to ask if this work has already been done by anyone, or if there is a different existing OBJ loader that could be used as a starting point. I searched this mailing list, and it looks to me like this is the current best OBJ loader for pygame there is.

Thanks,
Christopher