[pygame] Will Pygames run with python 3 or greater on MAC ?

The web is filled with obscure,difficult to follow references, and out
of context postings  for getting pygames to run with python V3 or
greater on a MAC.  Most people point out that there is an installer
already for python 3.2.3 for MAC, but there is little info how well
pygames (and which versions of pygames) could successfully run with
anything beyond python 2.7 on a MAC.  Mixed into this problem are the
3 different MAC OS, leopard, lion, and now mountain lion.  1)So I am
wondering what peoples experience are with pygames plus python 3
version or greater on all these various MAC OS.
2) Also, if somebody were up to the challange of creating better step
by step instructions for a novice to homebew install pygames for all
these MAC OS with python 3 (assuming it works at all).  My 13-year old
son is trying to complete a very nice pygames tutorial on his Mac
running mountain lion, and the tutorial is geared for python 3 and
above. So now we are stuck, because the tutorial is written for python
3.  Any help or advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.