Re: [pygame] TMX support in pygame

HI Guys,

Please don't get me wrong here but if Pygame will include PyTMX it will also endorse Tiled as a supported tool ?

I personally I'm slightly against putting such things into Pygame. Reason being is that peoples (new or not in pygame community) will not try develop own things or stop to innovate in this field. I'm not saying those tools are bad in any way but giving more and more tools will make peoples use the tools and not to come up with own solutions. This leads long term to attitude and mindset for game creations like Game Maker style or Unity where eventually there will be no need for any dev skills to create a game. Creating abstraction layers for peoples to use Âis great if you have little development skills but also harms as you are not trying to understand the mechanics of how stuff works.

Apologies for this random rant and please do not take this personally but would leave it outside Pygame package.Â

Cheers
Bart