Re: [pygame] what is the use of Rect.move(offsetX, offsetY) for moving an image?

You are correct, sir. The Rect methods convert your inputs to int, at which point precision is lost. If we want finer spatial calculations we must keep them in forms that don't lose precision, and apply them to the Rect object as needed.