Re: [pygame][website] A different approach to a new website

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Alex Z. <derzeiss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, I'm Alex.

Hi Alex

> And until today I still remember how I saw the website and I thought that it
> was just a little students project that couldn't really do much,
> as I needed like an eternity to find the download package I needed, not to
> speak about finding a good tutorial.

With many operating systems these days, pygame is just a "repository
package". I know Microsoft Windows is kind of an exception in these
regards, but I really encourage you to use one which... is built to
serve your own interests.

With this topic out of the way, open up a terminal, fire up a python
shell and you can discover all of pygame by typing "import pygame" and
using help() and dir(). If you build pygame from source you also have
the option to generate the whole of the pygame documentation locally
which also saves you internet traffic. That can be used in better ways
indeed. This might sound a bit condescending, but explaining how to
get along with an open source project in a general sense is not
something that pygame needs to deliver. Making your bed is a good
start for sleeping well in it.

cheers!
mar77i