Re: [pygame] Installing pygame with pip

Oh, cool, tested again now pip it gives me a more meaningful output. This is my install requires in setup.py. Here is the project: https://notabug.org/jorgesumle/bullet_dodger/src/master/setup.py

  • install_requires=[
  • 'pygame >= 1.9.1',
  • ],

This is the error I get. Should I change the version? Or it's so recent that only betas are available and it doesn't install. It's the first time I've made a game installable with pip, so maybe i'm doing something wrong. Thanks, for your contributions to free software! I'm using GNU/Linux

> sudo pip3 install bullet_dodger
Collecting bullet_dodger
Using cached bullet_dodger-1.6.9-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Collecting pygame>=1.9.1 (from bullet_dodger)
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pygame>=1.9.1 (from bullet_dodger) (from versions: 1.9.2.dev1, 1.9.2b7, 1.9.2b8)
No matching distribution found for pygame>=1.9.1 (from bullet_dodger)

I meant the paragraph beneath the one that made you write yet another mail.
I'll go ahead and quote it for you:

We are pretty close to having 'pip install pygame' working on the three
major platforms - it should already work today for Linux and Windows, but
there are still a couple of hiccups to be sorted out on OSX.

cheers!
mar77i