Re: [school-discuss] Feedback needed from teachers for the

Hi,
> examples of
> the worst possible teaching methodologies imaginable ... pure,
> mindless
> rote learning. I don't think that many of the people creating
these
> programs are teachers or educators, they're tech heads.

Actually, in the KDE-Edu projects, developers are parents, a few
teachers and students. Surely not tech heads. Just people trying to
do their best (for freedom)

>A program
> that
> simply drills a list of 10, 20 or 100 isolated words out of any
sort
> of
> meaningful context is not much better than a list scribbled on
paper
> and
> memorised. Educational software needs to be good educationally,
not
> just
> open source.

Yes, that's the point. That's why I wrote the mail. But if teachers
just say it's crap and don't want to be involved, how do we
(developers) actually make it good educationally?

I know that teachers don't have many time (I myself have several
children so it's not better).  If someone knows of a better
mailing-list to send my mail, please do tell me.

I don't find your mail very constructive and it's quite
discouraging, to be frank.

I apologize if the list is not adequat for my mail.

Anne-Marie