Re: [school-discuss] Easy-to-use gradebook software

If you can build it I can promise to include it into Blue Linux, as far as
specs lol I am not a teacher so I dont know what they want in grades. All
I remember was a column called "Failed" and my name in it.

 On Tue, 2 Apr
2002, mikee wrote:

> hello,
>
> if any person(s) on this list would publish a gradebook spec, we
> would write to it for linux, and make it available for free download
> to this mailing list.
>
> delivery on or before june 30th, 2002.
>
> i have five excellent programmers to put behind this pledge.
>
> anyone game ?
>
> mike eschman, etc...
> "not just an afterthought ...
>

> On Tuesday 02 April 2002 07:18 pm, you wrote:
> > Well, I just found a Teachers Toolbox 4.0 listed at Tucows.
> >
> > >Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 16:39:06 -0600
> > > [school-discuss] Easy-to-use gradebook software Kevin Godby
> > > <godbyk@aea15.k12.ia.us> <seul-edu@seul.org>,
> > > <schoolforge-discuss@schoolforge.net>Reply-To:
> > > schoolforge-discuss@schoolforge.net
> > >
> > >Hello.
> > >
> > >After looking at a large number of gradebook and school information system
> > >packages, I've yet to find one that's easy to use.
> > >
> > >Many teachers would like to use the computerised gradebook programs as
> > >easily as they would their dead-tree gradebooks.  The user interfaces of
> > >many of the programs I've encountered make this a difficult task.
> > >
> > >Does anyone here have any recommendations of existing software that
> > > they've used and liked?  Does anyone else have similar feelings to the
> > > teachers that I work with?  (Am I the only one?)
> > >
> > >Thanks!
> > >
> > >----
> > >Kevin Godby  <godbyk@aea15.k12.ia.us>
> > >Technology Coordinator
> > >Moulton-Udell Community School District
> > >305 E. Eighth St.   Phone: (641) 642-8131
> > >Moulton, Iowa  52572  Fax: (641) 642-3461
> >
> > http://www.school-library.net
> > READ, CONNECT, LEARN!

> > Go to the http://www.School-Library.net  for all your academic needs.
> > Resources for Teachers, Students & Parents.

> > Express yourself with a super cool email address from BigMailBox.com.
> > Hundreds of choices. It's free!
> > http://www.bigmailbox.com

Matt Jezorek
Executive Director / Founder
Blue Linux Group, Inc
http://www.bluelinux.org
matt@bluelinux.org

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED

Unless otherwise indicated or obvious from the nature of the following
communication is intended for the use of the individual or entity named
above.

If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication in error or are not sure whether it is privileged, please
immediately notify us by return e-mail and destroy any copies,
electronic, paper or otherwise, which you may have of this communication