[school-discuss] grade book project

hello,

i created a new folder for "grade book project" and am dumping all e-mails
from the list to it (that concern gradebook).  each monday, i'll publish
the abstract of ALL requests/specs in the folder to the list, hoping the list
will make sure i don't inadvertently drop something.  i will also attempt to
impose order on the abstract, hoping my mistakes in doing so will be noted by
the list.

over this weekend,  i am finishing a guide for a student crew (high school
age) to edit gutenberg texts for audio production as audio cds and .mp3s.
why isn't that good enough for blue linux :-)

has anyone tried out time machine / war of worlds at http://www.engima.com ?
does it absloutely stink ?
am i (are we) the only people in the world that think this is neat ?

after pinocchio, we're doing the south pole journals, so hands off that one !
(i.e. please help us do audio books of entire gutenberg).

i'm going to learn about blue linux now. (because i LIKE blue).

just a note - jazzfest is coming up (here in the big easy) and we are doing a
number of streaming broadcast, working with wwoz the non-profit jazz station
here.  i hope one day k-12 concerts and student plays will be broadcast
this way.  i think you could burn cds of the concerts/plays and raise money
for the school.  i also think lecture materials might be done this way.

we have been doing streaming broadcasts for about two years - it works great.
does that idea stink ? not that we'd stop - too high on the fun quotient to
give up.

you guys are fun.

mike eschman, etc...