Re: [school-discuss] Gradebook Specification

chip wrote:

> Also look the the Mail Archive.. there was a discusion about designing a
> gradebook back in '98:
> http://archives.seul.org/seul/edu/Nov-1998/threads.html

This is one of the questions that gets asked and re-asked many times.  I'd
like to strongly encourage everyone currently moving on this to review all
the apps in the list I posted yesterday in this message
<http://archives.seul.org/schoolforge/discuss/Apr-2002/msg00046.html>.
There may be code that can be reused, or a project that's already working
toward this that you can join or alternatively engulf and devour :-).  Even
if not, you may want to invite the principles of these projects to take part
in your current effort.  I'd hate to see yet another name added to this list
as an OSS gradebook that no one actually uses.  Mike Eschman, would you act
as the coordinator of all this, since Engima is the rallying point for it
all?  Say what needs to be done and call for volunteers--others, when he
calls, answer!